Every week, we curate the best recommendations, the greatest insights and top news into a 3-minute read designed to give Aussie marketers everything they need to succeed.
Please send your feedback and suggestions! We’re really keen to make this worth an open in your inbox every week, so please reply to this email to let us know how we can improve.
- Nicole Mathias-Browne. Head of Marketing at Colonial First State: an Insight into Financial Services Marketing.
- Kayla Medica: Product Marketing Manager at Willow & Author of Mehdeeka- B2B and SaaS Marketing Content for Solo Marketers.
- Livia McRobert: National Marketing Manager at Smeg Australia on Being the First Appliance Brand to Introduce an e-learning Platform.
3 Things You Need to Know in Marketing This Week
Job Market in Sydney during lockdown
Job vacancies have come off their peak as Sydney’s lockdown continues. Job Ads fell by more than 5% in New South Wales in the last two weeks, according to exclusive data provided by Indeed to Business Insider.
For more details, you can check out: 10 things you need to know this morning in Australia - Business Insider
The Factsination campaign ‘fights fear with facts’.
Following an open letter published last week by a group of medical experts, leaders in the advertising industry are joining the campaign to debunk myths surrounding the AstraZeneca vaccine, ultimately encouraging people to get the jab.
The creative campaign revolves around the idea of everyday activities that have a higher chance of killing you than getting the AZ jab.
Read the full story here:
- Industry leaders unite to launch ‘The Factsination’ – an A to Z of bigger killers than AstraZeneca vaccine - Mumbrella
- Advertising industry campaign to dispel AstraZeneca vaccine myths - AdNews
Google is removing the safe browsing signal.
Google said “we recognise that these issues aren’t always within the control of site owners, which is why we’re clarifying that Safe Browsing isn’t used as a ranking signal and won’t feature in the Page Experience report.”
This means one less ranking factor to take into account when it comes to a website’s performance in Google Search.
Read the full article here:
Google Drops Safe Browsing as a Page Experience Ranking Signal by Barry Schwartz, Contributing Editor at Search Engine Land.
Recommended News Article of the Week
- 'Worried About Losing Cookie Tracking? Look To Your Loyalty Program' by Mary Pilecki VP, Principal Analyst at Forrester.
Recommended Guide of The Week
- '5 Things Holding Your Website Rankings Back' by Connor Lahey, Editor at SEMRUSH.
- All-in-one workspace for notes, docs, wikis, projects, and collaboration. Notion makes everything easier to find as it allows users to organize content with flexibility using tons of features.
- ‘’It’s become the heart of our company, where we manage all our daily tasks and priorities, and most importantly, it creates visibility across the company, so that we’re never waiting for information.’’ - Cassie Puah, GGWP Academy.
Featured Resources of the week
Podcast: Marketing School with Neil Patel & Eric Siu.
Each of these daily episodes brings you 10 minutes of actionable marketing advice.
-Taryn Tyler, NRL
Blog: Mehdeeka by Kayla Medica
This weekly newsletter covers different areas of B2B tech marketing, written with small marketing teams and budgets in mind.
-Stacy Goh, Outwrite.
Book: Made to Stick, by Chip and Dan Heath.
The Heath Brothers break down the attributes or components of ideas that actually stick, and why they are memorable.
-Jay Munro, Indeed.com