Every week, we curate the best recommendations, the greatest insights and top news into a 3-minute read designed to give Aussie marketers everything they need to succeed.
Please send your feedback and suggestions! We’re really keen to make this worth an open in your inbox every week, so please reply to this email to let us know how we can improve.
- Bree Bunzel: Head of Global Customer Marketing at Dropbox on Becoming a Virtual First Company.
- Dan Siepen: Head of Growth & Marketing at Wellshare Group on the New Competitive Advantage in Healthcare.
3 Things You Need to Know in Marketing This Week
The Australian Digital Advertising Market has recorded 24.2% growth, reaching $11.4bn online advertising expenditure for FY21- the strongest since 2016.
Find the report here: IAB Australia
oOh!media, one of Australia’s leading companies in the Out of Home sector, reported a revenue growth of 23% compared to the prior corresponding period.
2020 was a challenging year for OOH, yet advertisers started regaining confidence at the beginning of this year. ‘While COVID-19 and associated lockdowns are currently causing near-term uncertainty, there was a strong period of audience growth when pandemic conditions and lockdowns eased at the beginning of the year. It is expected that when the current lockdowns end this growth will continue.’ Jasmine Giuliani, Marketing Mag.
Apple’s Mail Privacy Protection will be set in motion sometime between September and November.
According to Apple’s press release ‘In the Mail app, Mail Privacy Protection stops senders from using invisible pixels to collect information about the user. The new feature helps users prevent senders from knowing when they open an email, and masks their IP address so it can’t be linked to other online activity or used to determine their location.' This new protection affects iOS 15, iPadOS 15, macOS Monterey and watchOS 8.
For what this means for Email Marketers, check out Litmus Blog
Recommended News Article of the Week
- ‘Under pressure to perform’: Marketers Reflect on the Strain of Working Amid Covid by Marketing Week.
Recommended Guide of The Week
- 'Three PPC Targeting Tactics that Power Every Stage of the Funnel' by Search Engine Land.
- Easy automation tool that allows end users to integrate web applications.
- 'I guess the one [software] I really can't live without - or the business couldn't live without - is Zapier.' Ben Wright, Avaana
- 'Must-have productivity tool.' Jessica Box, Linktree.
Featured Resources of the Week
Podcast: The Knowledge Project by Farnam Street.
A podcast about mastering the best of what other people have already figured out, focusing on insights and lessons that never expire.
-Brendan Connaughton, Airwallex.
Blog: Foundation's Newsletter by Ross Simmonds
Weekly Newsletter on B2B marketing insights, research, strategies and tactics.
-Dan Siepen, Wellshare Group.
Book: Don’t Make Me Think by Steve Krug
A must-read book for basic concepts in terms of UX, website optimisation and best practices.
-James Harding, Lyka Pet Food.