Every week, we curate the best recommendations, the greatest insights and top news into a 3-minute read designed to give Aussie marketers everything they need to succeed.
- Stephanie Perez-Israel: Field Marketing Manager at monday.com on Enabling Collaboration & Remote Working for +127k Companies, Across 200 Industries.
- Nicky Rowsell: Head of Marketing & Digital - Witchery at Country Road Group | Director at And Now Creative: an insight into the Retail and Fashion Industry.
3 Things You Need to Know in Marketing This Week
Media Outlets Could be Held Legally Responsible for their Facebook Comments Section.
The Australian High Court upheld a new legal ruling which could see Australian media outlets held accountable for comments left on their Facebook pages. Yet, the consequences of the new ruling are not only for the biggest media organisation, it can also affect SMEs and all page owners.
The ACCC is formally investigating Apple Pay in Australia.
An article published by James Eyers, Senior Reporter at AFR, explains how ‘the competition regulator has launched a formal investigation into the way Apple controls bank access to the antennas on its iPhones that communicate with payment terminals, responding to concerns raised by Commonwealth Bank.’
Full story: 'ACCC investigating Apple Pay restrictions on banks', AFR.
Instagram releases ‘discovery tool’ in selected markets, including Australia and New Zealand.
The new product displays a map with the most tagged locations around the user. Once the locations appear on the map, users can filter them by categories. Eventually, it’s planning on launching the tool worldwide.
Full article by Mariam Cheik-Hussein, AdNews.
Recommended News Article of the Week
Recommended Guide of The Week
- Web-based time tracking tool.
- ‘I started using Harvest last year. Before that, on paper I was meant to be doing 30 hours a week, yet somehow I was clocking 50 or 60 hours. Using it allowed me to understand where all the extra hours were coming from’ - Jordan Lomax, The Social Lab.
- ‘Harvest helps you identify which particular task took too long. It's a great way to identify roadblocks and smooth your workflow’ - Harrison Cox, Vamp.
Featured Resources of the Week
This daily podcast for B2B marketers gives great insights into driving growth in fast paced SaaS environments.
-Stephanie Perez-Israel, monday.com.
Blog: Social Media Today.
Social Media Today offers a diverse mix of news on social networks' latest developments and cutting-edge tips.
-Jeremy Azzopardi, Sydney Zoo.
Book: Atomic Habits by James Clear.
This book is a comprehensive guide on how to change habits by training the mind to do simple, accessible things that can have an atomic impact.
-Adriana Jennings, Intuit.